- We care about security as much as you do. And we do it well. Intuit's professional staff and automated tools monitor service performance for problems 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our production equipment is housed securely on our servers, complete with 24-7 physical security with a full-time security staff, video surveillance and alarms to prevent high-tech breaches. We have a secure power supply and backup generators in case of a power cut, as well as complex smoke and flood detection and fire suppression systems.
- Your data is protected and private. We rely on advanced, industry-recognised security safeguards to keep all of your financial data private and protected. QuickBooks Online is a VeriSign SecuredTM product. VeriSign® is the leading secure sockets layer (SSL) Certificate Authority. With password-protected login, firewall protected servers and the same encryption technology (128 bit SSL) used by the world's top banks, we have the security elements in place to give you peace of mind.
- You'll never forget to backup your data. That's because we automatically do it for you. You get the convenience of automatic offsite storage without the extra effort and cost of creating and managing physical backup copies on your own. And should the unexpected ever happen to your system, all of your data will still be instantly accessible to you from any computer connected to the internet.
- We value privacy as much as you do. We build privacy into everything we do. It's not an afterthought. It's not corporate rhetoric. It's how we choose to treat — and respect — our customers on a daily basis. That's why we follow a strict set of guidelines and practices to protect all of your private information. We do not sell, rent or share your information with third parties for their promotional use. Intuit is a licensee of the TRUSTe Privacy Program, an independent third party organization whose mission is to accelerate online trust among consumers and organizations globally through its leading privacy trustmark and innovative trust solutions . For full disclosure of our privacy practices, please read our Privacy Statement.
- And it's available, whenever you need it. QuickBooks Online has been available more than 99.8% of the time for the past three years.* That's because we rely on redundant servers and a self-correcting error detection program. So even if one server becomes impacted or unavailable, your service will probably not be affected. This means that you can access your data online no matter where you are or what you are doing.
- You get to make the rules. You control who accesses your data, and what they can see and do with it. Each person you invite to use QuickBooks Online must create a unique password and no one can see it — not even the chairman of Intuit. We also offer multiple permission levels that let you limit the access privileges of each user. This means that if you want your part-time contractor to enter his hours, but not access your latest Profit & Loss reports, QuickBooks Online will make it so. And if that's not enough, you can also download a local copy of your data to your hard drive for an extra layer of comfort and control.
- Everyone is held accountable. QuickBooks Online offers unique Always-On Activity Log and Audit Trail features, which cannot be turned off by a user. They record every login to the service and any changes made to every financial transaction. The Always-On Activity Log is a complete record of activities, while the Audit Trail is an easy-to-read history of all changes to a specific transaction. So nothing can happen to your records without you or your accountant knowing about it. And you'll always have a paper trail to trace all transactions back to their source.
*Service availability subject to occasional downtimes for systems or service maintenance. Terms, conditions, pricing, features and service options subject to change without notice.